Monday, October 11, 2010

Been Busy



Here are two totes I made for my granddaughter and her best friend.  The friend has two bearded "dragons" and so, of course, the two girls are completely captivated by anything related to dragons.  So...my new Bernina 830 has a lovely embroidery design of a dragon (I guess you can say "lovely" and "dragon" in the same sentence) which I painstakingly embroidered (each in slightly different colors) on two canvas tote bags.  These were to be for their birthdays (Oct 5 and 8) but will arrive a few days late.  Since the backs of the totes looked so blah, I embroidered their first-name initials there.  Having purchased the simple canvas totes, I decided they were too simple for such grand embroideries so I lined them with pretty Laurel Burch fabric, pink with butterflies.  I hope they enjoy them! 

I also made a set of Snap Happy purses (pattern by Stitchin' Sisters) to add to a giveaway basket.  These are fun and simple to make, and folks are always surprised to discover that the closure is made from strips of metal carpenter tape!  They can be made any size and can be used for makeup, small toys, golf tees, snacks, whatever.  These have a golf theme.  Aren't they the cutest?


I'm working on a shirt for my son, so will post progress on that project tomorrow!  Meanwhile, if you like to make handbags as much as I do, take a look at this fun blog I found tonight:   http://tinyseamstress.blogspot.com/  She is featured on today's Moda Bakeshop entry, with a tutorial on making a Monster pillow.  So cute!

 

2 comments:

  1. You out did yourself on this one. GREAT job... Wish I were as productive as you are.... But in four weeks when I officially 'hang up the white hat' I will have time huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls LOVED them. Your granddaughter has carried it everywhere she could over the last few days. The girls love the lining and think it's neat that they can turn them inside out, too.
    Well done, Mom. This was a memorable birthday for these two young ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...