Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trying Something New

Last Thursday I took a Coiled Fabric Bowl class from a friend, Traci Baez, at my LQS, Hearts and Hands Quilts.  I had a WONDERFUL time and could hardly wait to get home and finish the bowl.  Somewhere between the quilt shop and home, my brain dreamed up some additional design options to add to the bowl.  I figured, "What the heck?".  Since I was trying a new technique anyway, why not add more new things?  So I did.  Here are some (lousy) pictures of the finished bowl, and I have to say I'm pretty happy about it!  And I am enthused about making more bowls using my own designs.  The fabric is a batik, gold-to-tan with teal, and the embellishments are turquoise-colored stones wrapped to the basket with copper wire coils.  Neat, huh? 
 

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely see your beading expertise coming into play in this. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen it in person and it is SPECTACULAR. Sheryl there is NOTHING you do that is bad, but this bowl is AWESOME>

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...